Fully Managed Gigabit Switch
Expand and power your network with the UniFi® Switch 8, part of the Ubiquiti Networks® UniFi Enterprise System. The UniFi® Switch 8 is a compact, fully managed Gigabit switch, delivering robust performance and intelligent switching for enterprise networks.
The UniFi® Switch 8 features the flexibility of being powered by PoE or by the included AC/DC adapter. One PoE passthrough port provides up to 12W PoE output to power a UniFi access point or other PoE device. The US-8 offers (8) Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports up to 8 Gbps total, non-blocking line rate.
Once installed, this UniFi switch can be managed using Ubiquiti's own UniFi Controller software giving network administrators the ability to manage multiple sites from a single interface. Network admins have full access to various Ubiquiti devices within the network with the ability to change operating modes, monitor the status of each device and much more.
- (8) Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- (1) PoE Passthrough Port
- Powered by 802.3af/at PoE or DC Power
- 8 Gbps Total, Non-Blocking Line Rate
- AC/DC Power Adapter Included
- Managed by UniFi Controller
The UniFi Switch offers the forwarding capacity to simultaneously process traffic on all ports at line rate without any packet loss.
For its total, non-blocking throughput, each supports up to 8 Gbps with a switching capacity of 16 Gbps.
A single instance of the UniFi Controller running in the cloud can manage multiple UniFi sites within a centralized interface. Each site is logically separated and has its own network monitoring, configuration, maps, statistics, and admin accounts.
You can access any managed UniFi Switch through the UniFi Controller to configure a variety of features:
- Operation mode (switching, mirroring, or aggregate) per port
- Network/VLAN configuration
- Jumbo frame and flow control services
- Network settings
- Storm control setting per port
- Spanning tree configuration
- 802.1x control and RADIUS VLAN
- Debug terminal option for command-line interface
Switch Port Status
You can also view status information for each port:
- Connection speed and duplex mode
- TX/RX data rates
- Network/VLAN setting
The Switch Statistics screen displays a graphical overview of all LAN throughput for each port on the selected switch. Under the same pane of glass, it also shows LAN, WLAN, and Internet traffic, including the breakdown of protocols being used (requires a UniFi Security Gateway, sold separately).
To help deter theft, you can attach a lock to the security slot on the side of the UniFi Switch.
- Dimensions: 148 x 99.5 x 30.7 mm
- Weight: 432 g
- Networking Interfaces: (8) 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Ports
- Total Non-Blocking Throughput: 8 Gbps
- Switching Capacity: 16 Gbps
- Forwarding Rate: 11.9 Mpps
- Max. Power Consumption: 12W (Excluding PoE Output)
- Power Method: (1) DC 48V, Max. 1.25A
(1) PoE Input, 802.3 af/at (Pins +1, 2; -3, 6)
- LEDs: PoE (Port 8), Speed/Link/Activity (All Ports)
- Management Interface: Ethernet In-Band Management
- Operating Temperature -5 to 45° C
- Operating Humidity 5 to 95% Noncondensing
What's In The Box:
- UniFi Switch US-8
- Power Adapter (48V, 0.5A)
- Wall Mount Kit
- Quick Start Guide