The Linkbasic cable tester is designed for testing the UTP and screens for the opens, shorts, reversals, mis-wiring and so on. The relative indicators on the main tester and the remote testing terminal will flash one by one in cycle to judge which wire is in the correct working connection, or in the incorrect order connection.If you make your own patch cables and want to test that the wires are correctly assigned, then you need this! Test your twisted pair, Straight, Crossover, Cat 5 / Cat 5e / Cat 6 / UTP cables with RJ-11 or RJ-45 connectors. Insert the battery, turn on the tester, and connect one end of the cable to the Master side and the other end to the Remote side. The lights indicate problems (if any) with wires in the cables. A very useful item for the networking enthusiast!
Features & Benefits
- Keep your network running smoothly by testing your cables to uncover problematic shorts, open wires, crossing pairs and other wiring mishaps
- Use for testing your homemade Ethernet patch cables to make sure they are in working order prior to connecting to your devices
- Tests RJ45 cables, RJ11 telephone cables and network cables
- Easy to read LED display indicates problems.Hand-held for portability.
- Requires one 9-volt battery (not included)
- Used for testing RJ45 cables, RJ11 telephone cables and network cables
- For UTP/FTP - 4 & 2 pairs lan cable ( 10/100 Base-T )