Incredible speeds plus rock-solid reliability
Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system.
Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It is also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for server environments.
- 10x faster than a hard drive - With incredible read/write speeds, the A400 SSD will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
- Rugged - A400 is shock- and vibration-resistant for rugged reliability when used in notebooks and other mobile
- Ideal for desktops and notebooks - A400 comes in 2.5” (7mm) form factor to fit in a wide array of systems. It is ideal for
thin and light notebooks with limited space.
- Form factor: 2.5”
- Interface SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacity: 480GB
- Baseline performance: Data transfer (ATTO) - up to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write
- Power consumption 0.195W idle / 0.279W avg / 0.642W (MAX) read / 1.535W (MAX) write
- Storage temperature -40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions 100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm (2.5”)
- Vibration operating 2.17G peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating 20G peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy 1 million hours MTBF