WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WHEN USING THE DSTV SMART LNB?
- The DStv Smart LNB has been specially designed for use in DStv installations non-commercial (Single Unit Installations) and has been tested with our decoders.
- MultiChoice are launching a new satellite in 2017 which will allow for high band transmissions. This DStv Smart LNB is high band capable, ensuring that your installation is capable of receiving these signals.
- It allows for a simplified and more cost effective installation.
- Multiple decoders can be connected without the need for a multiswitch / DStv Switch (resulting in a cost saving).
- The cable goes directly from the LNB to the decoder. This allows for :
- A shorter cable run;
- Allows for more flexible installation solutions (including easier connection between HD decoders and HD TVs via HDMI cables).
- If you use the DStv Smart LNB when installing one decoder, there is no need to change your LNB when upgrading to XtraView.
About the DStv Smart LNB
The recommended installation for the DStv Explora (when installed on its own) is a DStv Smart LNB.
The DStv Explora can also be connected to a twin or quad LNB (in combination with a DStv Switch) or a UniCable™ LNB - however, please note, if the DStv Explora is installed with any other type of LNB other than the DStv Smart LNB, the installation may require changes to receive future services.
- The recommendation for most XtraView installations is a DStv Smart LNB. Some XtraView installations may require a quad LNB together with a DStv Switch.
- The DStv Smart LNB is a new LNB specially designed and manufactured for DStv. MultiChoice recommends the DStv Smart LNB for all DStv Explora and most XtraView installations
- From a technical viewpoint, the DStv Smart LNB combines the features of a DStv Switch into a single UniCable LNB and offers a single cable solution for distribution of multiple satellite signals.
- It has 30 user bands, 3 UniCable outputs and 1 universal output.
Do unused ports on the DStv Smart LNB have to be terminated?
Only the unused UniCable ports need to be terminated (this is to prevent signal degradation). Termination must be done using the supplied 75 ohm terminator. Three of these terminators (“caps”) are packaged with the DStv Smart LNB.
There is no need to terminate the Universal ports.
- Input Frequency: 10.7 - 12.75 GHz
- Output Frequency: 750 - 2350 MHz
- LO1: 9.75 GHz
- LO2: 10.6 GHz