Upgrade Home Networks Effortlessly with the Most Compact Powerline Adapter
Save yourself the trouble of rewiring your home with Ethernet cabling by transforming existing wall power outlets into a network, and share Internet connection as well as digital media contents with ZyXEL’s PLA4201 Wired LAN Adapter Series powered by Powerline technology. The ZyXEL PLA4201 500 Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter improves up to 60% performance for stable HD media streaming compared with 200 Mbps powerline technology.** Just plug a pair of PLA4201 into electric outlets and connect to network devices, then you can enjoy HD media streams, multiplayer gaming and other network applications in every room.
- Plug-and-play, compact design
- Upgrade powerline networks with data transfer rates of up to 500 Mbps*
- Compliant with IEEE 1901 and compatible with HomePlug AV
- QoS enhances media streaming quality
- Power-saving mode reduces energy waste
- Encrypt button for easy security setup
- 128-bit AES encryption for network security
- Multi-color LED identifies powerline network quality
Compact design for easy setup and instant plug-and-play
The new mini-size ZyXEL PLA4201 gives you the flexibility to turn power lines into a home network. The compact design allows hassle-free installation without blocking other power outlets. With a pair of plug-and-play PLA4201, you can easily extend your home network through any electrical outlet for Internet access from HDTVs, Blu-ray™ players, DVRs, PCs and game consoles.
Enjoy stable HD videos and gaming
Powered by the IEEE 1901 technology, the ZyXEL PLA4201 can provide a stable high-performance network for users to enjoy multiple HD streaming, multiplayer gaming, and Web surfing simultaneously.
QoS enhances media streaming quality
The advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features improve the quality of multimedia streaming applications such as Triple Play services by prioritizing HD video streaming, high-speed Internet access & VoIP traffics
Green product saves energy consumption
When there is no Ethernet link, the PLA4201 enters a power-saving mode with just 0.5 watt consumption to reduce the energy waste by around 88%
Easy security setup
Data transmission is protected by 128-bit Advanced Encryption Security (AES) to provide a secure connection to the Internet. Encryption can be configured via a simple button press on both PLA4201 units—no complicated setup or software required
- Range: * Maximum Up to 300 meters over power line
- Power Consumption: Full operation 4 Watt Max. Power-saving mode: 0.5 Watt Max.
- Ethernet interface: One 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 connector with auto MDI/MDIX support
- 2 x Powerline Ethernet Adapters
- 2 x Ethernet cables
- Quick start guide
- Support CD
- Warranty card
* The theoretical maximum channel data transfer rate is derived from IEEE 1901 specifications. Actual data transfer rate will vary fromnetwork environment including: distance, network traffic, noise on electrical wires, quality of electrical installation and other adverse conditions